Saturday 26 March 2011

First day.

Today was Stephen's first day at work, so he left with a colleague from the hotel at 7.30 to share a car. As usual the hotel called at 9 to ask where Mr Wines was because his car was waiting outside, you try to tell the driver that no he doesn't need to be here just yet as we told him yesterday. I told them again that I needed the car at 1300 and hoped that they would be there then.
At 10.30 my friend called to ask if I wanted to come along for a coffemeeting with all the expat ladies in Delhi. So I called the driver and said can you come at 11,not 1300, that confused him even more. But he was there at 11 so everything went ok!
So I spent the morning meeting new people and getting to know the area we are hopefully gonna live in, the driver also took me for a drive after and showed me some sights.  One of the ladies was returning to the USA next month and asked if i was looking for a maid as she highly recommended hers.  We will interview her next week, maybe ask her to cook us a meal so we can sample her cooking.  House almost sorted yesterday and a maid today, it all seems so simple!

Tonight we went out for a meal and a few drinks and we are doing some sightseeing tomorrow!
Here are some pictures from tonight and one from the airport coming here!


Me at the check-in with half of the bags.

Stephen at tonights dinner.

Us in a tuk-tuk on the way home, little blurry, it was a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment