Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mixing it up with the local fashion designers

Today was a very exciting day, while Stephen was working hard me and my friend Julia 2 (I only know two people and they are both called Julia!) went for high tea at the Imperial Hotel.
It turned out that it was a fashion launch for one of the new designers in Dehli so we ended up drinking champagne and mingling with the rich and famous of the Indian design world. Everywhere we looked there was a camera, so there we were smiling, sipping champagne and talking fashion, holding our stomach's in and trying to look natural! Grazia magazine was there and we weren't even dressed up!

I talked to a few people that said that I should definitely launch my designs over there, and I replied with yes but you need to know people to do that, they said but you know us now!
Thats how things happen, you talk to people, they talk to their people and poof things are happening.
I just need to have my sewing machine and buy some more fabric,then I'll make a collection and see if my new "friends" are ready to suport me.

Otherwise nothing has really happened this week. I went to the gym in the hotel the other night and yes I can feel it today! Now I need to get Stephen to join me on our way to getting fit!
On Friday I'm joining a yoga class for beginners, so we'll see how that will go. Don't think I'll get Stephen to join me in that...

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...annars har inget hänt..Mia mycket hände ju den dagen!! Vilken överraskning, som det kan gå!! Vad kul!! Ödet bestämde lite där. Hur ser modet ut i Indien, är man modemedveten som här. Är deras mode mycket inspirerat från deras kultur, jag tänker färg, siden, sari. Man har ju sett de fantastiska indiska filmerna :)
    Vad spännande med yoga, ska man börja nån gång med det så känns det ju helrätt att göra det i Indien!
    Lycka till Mia!!
    Kramar Martina

    ReplyDelete