Tuesday 28 June 2011

Mumbai over the weekend

Last weekend we went to Mumbai for a nice weekend away. We both have been very busy lately so it was nice to go away! It is a 2 hours flight and about 10 degrees colder. I had to buy a pashmina when I was there because it was only 28 degree in the evenings. I did pretty good on the price as well, I have never bartered in my life ( we have been here for 3 months now) so started high I took off 60% on the price, got it for about 50% cheaper than he said to start with so pretty happy with that, Stephen couldn't believe his ears:)
We also saw all the attractions you are suppose to see and even got offered hash and marijuana ( very quietly ) but we looked at each other and laughed , so they took that as a no.
On Sunday it was raining a little, so instead of going to Elephant Island we had a lazy day topped off with a superb Champagne Buffet in the restaurant for lunch.
It was a nice weekend and we had a great time!

I have started working on my new business with an Indian lady I met and it is very exciting, I'm learning alot!

We have also collected the ring we had made in a jewellers located in Le Meridian with my star ruby. I told him how I wanted it to look and he made it, so we collected it today and it is beautiful!

Also yesterday we went to the gym as usual and Stephen had a meeting with a nutritionist and had the test we did in the beginning again, now he is 13.4% body fat! any less and he will not exist!!!!
I'm too afraid to do them again!

Oh and we have a whole family of lizards now, we have got Lizzy still, her two children jack and junior they are tiny and then we have got Daddy lizard, he lives in the kitchen and looks like a crocodile!

On Friday Stephen and his company was played cricket against the hotel we use to stay in and that some of them still live in. I couldn't watch because I was working but I met them at the hotel afterwards where we had  free drinks and super nice dinner together with both teams. He had cuts, bruises and open wounds on his elbows, knees and hips! And they didn't even win! Although the oldest player was 64 and the latest any of them had played cricket was last year and for the rest it was 13 years, 25 and 30 years ago or their first time ever they had a go and did not do too badly.  Except maybe Stephen who was out for a 2nd ball duck, he claims he was too tired from fielding in 40degree heat to bat at 3!
This is how the people live is the slum in Mumbai!

Chickens transported to the place where they die, hopefully sooner than later!


Child entertaining himself on the street.

the gateway in Mumbai, also a great place to buy drugs ;)

Taj Palace, where the Mumbai shooting took place.  

taxis!



You are like celebrity when you are not Indian.


Us with the Mumbai skyline behind us.

This is Mumbais beach, but it is full of rubbish and it smells so bad!
My ring:)

No comments:

Post a Comment